Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What has happened to Kingswood

2 posters

Go down

What has happened to Kingswood  Empty What has happened to Kingswood

Post  PeteT Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 am

Is the kingswood visit being ruined so a few pennies can be saved, or are they just trying to make it less attractive for us so we will go to Peach tree.
Kingswood in my view is a great venue and one of the few open spaces that I am happy to let the kids run around in with out fear of escape or misunderstanding. It is a place that I can find time to interact with other parents/carers and not feel that the children need to be watched like a hawk. Even today with the lack of crafts,play rangers and refreshments it was still a good day (due to the good weather, otherwise it may have been a bit of a disaster).
I feel for most of the staff, who are trying hard but seem to be unsupported by the organisation, although I think some off the staff are part of the problem and seem to avoid the special needs children altogether.
Did you know that both gates to the garden were open today so the children could have gone through the other gate and down the drive with out passing any of us ?
Do the organisers understand the range of special needs problems ?

Anybody know if Kingswood is for hire ?

PeteT

Back to top Go down

What has happened to Kingswood  Empty Re: What has happened to Kingswood

Post  lindsey Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:17 am

hi agree with all your comments entirely. There is NO comparison between Kingswood and Peach Tree as @ peach tree
1 no exiting woodland
2 no safety in that there is easy access where children can escape
3 parents cannot relax
4 children not allowed acess to play equipment by mainstream children( and i personally found the large gang of big lads intimidating)
5 no enclosed large grassy area where children could play ball games
My mainstream daughters comment when i said we were going to peach tree " oh no do we have to? Its rubbish !" She thought the only thing that was better than kingswood was the pond. I thought it had lots of potential if it could be offered as an exclusive venue with gates locked.
Yes I do think that Kingswood could be hired privately think you pay around £100 per area eg outside at back, hall, dining room prob £300 per hr . We do hire the sensory centre privately and can do the whole centre or just go in with others paying per person per hr.

lindsey

Back to top Go down

What has happened to Kingswood  Empty Snoezelen

Post  ElizabethT Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:28 am

Looks like the Snoezelen is another victim. Pity because it's Ellen's favourite. So if it's not on the October Half-term list, shall we organise ourselves a group visit? Would we need a coach?

ElizabethT

Back to top Go down

Post  lindsey Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 am

we often book it so Ill let you know next time

lindsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: